Sunday, June 3, 2007

the teaser challenge

So my goal for this summer is to be able to nail the teaser. That probably doesn't sound terribly ambitious, but I'm approaching seven years of pilates practice... and it's about time already. Maybe in another seven I'll be working up to the boomerang, but for now this seems like a challenge. Slow but steady... I mean, Joseph Pilates practiced til he was in his eighties so I do need something to look forward to.

The rules are as follows:

- 1-2 pilates classes at my studio per week; more depending on budget and time. At each class when the teacher asks for requests I'll ask for teaser related challenges
- at home pilates practice 1-2 hours per week (including my regular arm/injury stretches on my foam roller) with each session to include some teaser and related activities
- daily hamstring stretches. Or every other day. Ouch. As much as I can take.
- focus on relaxing my shoulders all the time and also during practice
- when rolling like a ball I'll really use my abs and not cheat with momentum (ok, that's not totally teaser related but I'm sure it can't hurt -- and for open leg rocker which is essentially a rolling teaser, it'll certainly help)

No comments: